Rebates and Tax Credits
Touchstone Energy Home Rebates – Coweta-Fayette EMC, your local Touchstone Energy® Cooperative has long placed a priority on promoting energy efficiency to our members. We are constantly hearing that you are interested in homes that are well insulated, more energy efficient, more economically heated and cooled, cleaner and safer and more comfortable. Therefore, Coweta-Fayette EMC has decided to reward members for exceeding the ordinary and going a step further to meet these energy efficient standards. To qualify for the Touchstone Energy New Home certification, nine of the eighteen following energy efficient features must be included in the dwelling. When choosing your features, please note that electric heat pumps, electric water heaters, water saving devices, and a load management switch are considered mandatory and must be used.
Touchstone Existing Homes Rebates
$100 for heat pump replacement (electric, dual-fuel or geothermal)
$100 for central air conditioner replacement
$50 for programmable thermostat
$300 for whole house air leak sealing
$400 for HVAC duct system sealing – HVAC Duct System sealing incentive requires an analysis by a certified Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) contractor.
$250 for heat pump water heater
$250 for solar water heater
Sold by Relyco Marathon Lifetime Water Heater
$200 for attic insulation installation to R-30
$400 for attic knee wall insulation installation R-5
$100 for floor insulation installation R-19
Contact Energy Services Home Plus Loan
Contact Energy Services for programs details and qualifications. 770-502-0226
- The above rebates are available only for improvements completed on January 1, 2017 or later.
- Eligible heat pumps and central air-conditioners must have a SEER rating of 14.5 or higher.
- Contractor invoices and/or purchase receipts required.
- Improvements must be visually verified by C-F EMC Energy Services personnel.
- Whole House BPI Energy Assessment Inspection and Whole House Air Leak Sealing must be performed by contractor certified by the Building Performance Institute, Inc.
- HVAC Duct System sealing incentive requires an analysis by a certified Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) contractor.
- Home Plus Loan program jointly administered by C-F EMC and the GEMC Federal Credit Union.
Touchstone New Homes Rebates
$1500 for homes using electric heat pumps or geothermal systems and a solar water heater
$750 for homes using duel fuel heat pumps and a Marathon water heater
$1250 for homes using dual fuel heat pumps and a solar water heater
Heat pumps must have an SEER of 14.5 or more, an HSPF of 8 and be sized per the Georgia Energy Code. The following gas applications will be allowed: natural or propane gas logs, cook tops, and piggyback heating and cooling systems. Additional rebates and incentives are also available for new home construction. Coweta-Fayette EMC/Georgia EMC Federal Credit Union loans are available if you need assistance. If you would like to certify your new home as a Touchstone Energy Home or have any questions, please contact the energy services department at 770-502-0226 today.
Energy Tax Credits Reduced
Please refer to the following links for tax credit information.